Lower Extremity Prosthetics
Rush Foot 87
Inspiring action with innovation you will feel!
Thanks to the unique sole plate and virtually indestructible unique glass composite material, the RUSH87™ delivers the smoothest transition from heel strike to toe-off of any prosthetic foot in the industry. Patients will experience unparalleled comfort and range of motion. The energy return of this foot enables amputees to easily traverse the most aggressive terrain while experiencing zero dead spots.
C - Leg Prosthetic Knee System
Otto Bock HealthCare introduced the C-Leg® microprocessor-controlled knee-shin system to the United States in 1999. Since then, thousands of wearers have benefited from this quantum leap in prosthetics – a dramatic improvement over all other prosthetic knees. Featuring unique microprocessor swing and stance phase control, its customized settings and constant readjustments, the C-Leg is truly one of a kind. The efficiency of the C-Leg’s swing phase dynamics, even at varying walking speeds and uneven terrain, provides a more secure, natural, and efficient gait.
Getting started is easy. Using a PC-based custom software, a C-Leg Qualified Prosthetist customizes the C-Leg®’s settings to fit the individual’s optimal gait pattern. The wearer is also trained and observed while walking on level and uneven terrain, and down stairs. In addition, a second set of settings can be created for a different activity, which the wearer can access by simply tapping their toe – offering choice without mechanical changes!
Imagine a prosthetic knee system so smart that it automatically adapts to an individual’s walking style and environment, learning continuously and optimizing control over time.
The RHEO KNEE® is the world’s first microprocessor swing and stance knee system to utilize the power of artificial intelligence. Capable of independent thought, it learns how the user walks, recognizing and responding immediately to changes in speed, load and terrain.
The knee adapts to any situation, and not just within pre-set and limited parameters, enabling the individual to quickly regain confidence in his or her ability to walk where and how they choose.
- Continuous adaptation – the knee system’s highly developed artificial intelligence means that it is capable of thinking for itself. It continuously recognizes, learns and responds to individual walking styles and keeps pace with changes in speed, load and terrain.
- Natural and efficient motion – the high precision actuator technology, which controls the knee’s movements, produces an exceptionally smooth and fast response throughout every stage of the gait cycle. Unlike existing hydraulic systems, this response offers customized levels of resistance (knee flexion) as, and only when, the individual needs it. That’s why walking effort is reduced to a minimum and motion is much smoother and more natural.
- Enhanced security – multiple safeguards are provided against inadvertent stance release, IE the knee is less likely to buckle at crucial moments. Disturbances in the walking path are recognized automatically and stance support instantly activated to protect the user from a potential stumble and fall.
- Simple and convenient – sophisticated technology that is easy to use, it doesn’t come much better! The user-friendly “plug in and play” design ensures a straightforward set up and calibration process with the minimum of fuss. The system is so efficient it only requires a small battery that lasts up to 48 hours and that takes only two to four hours to recharge, at home or on the road. The battery can be switched off when not in use.
Proprio Foot from Ossur
Proprio Foot is an adaptive prosthetic device for low to moderately active below-knee amputees that mimics natural foot motion. Motor-powered ankle motion increases ground clearance and reduces the risk of tripping and falling. This benefit allows users to traverse different kinds of terrain in a natural and secure way. The Proprio Foot enhances stability, and is efficient on inclines, declines and stairs, all of which reduces strain in knees, hips and backs.
Stronger. Smarter. Submersible.
Stronger construction makes the new Plié 3 Microprocessor Controlled (MPC) Knee both submersible and more rugged than ever. Yet, it’s still the fastest MPC knee, responding 10 to 20 times more rapidly than other MPC knees. With the most responsive stumble and fall protection, users can instinctively move at their own pace in any direction…even if it’s taking small short steps or pivoting in confined spaces. And with a more streamlined, intuitive set up, the Plié 3 MPC Knee makes it even easier for prosthetists to help patients expand their freedom.
The BiOM Foot and Ankle System is for people with above or below the knee amputations who are low to moderately active and want to maintain an active lifestyle. The BiOM T2 generates power during plantar flexion, propelling the prosthesis forward. BiOM users indicate less pain, more energy and the feeling of having their leg back. The result is a healthier patient with a more active lifestyle.
Reflex Rotate - Ossur
EMS Limb Socket
Upper Extremity Prosthetics
Bebionic3 utilizes leading-edge technology and unique, ergonomic features that make it unlike any other hand available. These innovations combine to give the hand tremendous versatility, functionality and performance.
- Individual Motors in each finger allow you to move the hand and grip in a natural, coordinated way.
- Powerful microprocessors continuously monitor the position of each finger, giving the user precise, reliable control over hand movements.
- 14 selectable grip patterns and hand positions enable the user to perform a vast number of everyday activities.
- Proportional Speed Control gives the user precise control over delicate tasks.
Utah Arm 3
Since 1981, the Utah Arm has been the premier myoelectric arm for above elbow amputees. It was originally developed at the University of Utah by the Center for Engineering Design, led by Dr. Steve Jacobsen. In 1987, Motion Control released the Utah Arm 2, with entirely re-engineered electronics that made the Utah Arm the most durable and dependable myoelectric arm available.
The Utah Arm 3 – One Step Closer to Nature
In 2004, the Utah Arm 3 introduced microprocessor technology into the Arm, with a Computer Interface that allows the prosthetist or wearer to fine-tune the adjustments to achieve maximum performance. A variety of inputs may be used, so more options are available to more wearers. Meanwhile, the U3 still delivers the same sensitive, proportional control of elbow, hand and wrist (optional), letting the wearer move the arm and hand slowly or quickly in any position. This provides a more natural response with less effort than the traditional on/off movement.
Who is an appropriate candidate for a myoelectric arm?
Download Techniques for using snap-on electrodes with roll-on gel liners (PDF)
Download the U3 Quick Set Up Guide (includes parts catalog) (PDF)